Straight-forward advice you can trust
Phumelele Ndumo has written two books: From Debt to Riches and 7 Secrets why the Rich own their homes. As a well-known speaker on the topic of managing your money, she has built a team at ThuthukaSA that can help you navigate the big financial moments of your life.
If you are currently in debt, the book From Debt to Riches takes the form of a practical guide with clear steps to guide you onto the right path. It also includes examples you can relate to and exercises to help you move out of your current rut, as well as what you should know if you are already in debt trouble.
Once you are on the right path and you have your debt under control, be sure to make use of our tools to take the next step to financial security.
Phumelele offers financial advice and corporates, including talks and workshops. As a personal financial advisor, she covers a number of areas and helps people navigate the milestones of buying a home, buying a car, getting married, parenting, stokvels and how to plan for retirement. Specific personal finance advice includes:
- Advice on how to make the most of tax-free investments
- Help with choosing retirement annuities.
- Maximising our tax benefits and preserving our hard-earned money for retirement
BUYING A HOME
- Ensuring that we save for a deposit and avoid paying costly and unnecessary credit life insurance
BUYING A CAR
- Ensuring that we put down a deposit or save for the residual / balloon payment if we have already bought a car with a residual payment
- Ensuring that we don’t waste money on unnecessary credit life
- Understanding the different types of marriage contracts and selecting the most suitable one for our circumstances
- Ensuring that you and your partner talk about critical money issues before you say, I Do.
- Taking informed decisions when choosing between private and public schools
- Saving for school / varsity fees of our children
- Help with unit trusts and tax-free savings for your stokvel
- Ensuring we get good advice and preserve our money to last as long as possible
- Minimising our tax bill
RETIREMENT & ESTATES
- Ensuring that we will have sufficient funds to live comfortably in our old age
- Ensuring that all our liabilities (such as homes, cars and credit cards,etc) will be settled in the event of an untimely death
- Planning to leave behind enough funds for our children to go through high school and varsity
- In the event of an untimely death, we have sufficient liquidity in our estates to settle all debts, and to pay the executors fees and other related costs without having to dispose of any assets
WILLS & TRUSTS
- Help with the drafting of wills & setting up trusts
For more information please contact us