[NOT for sensitive readers]
Show me your budget and I can tell you whether you will end off poor, rich or just okay. I come across many people who do not write down their budgets yet they need help as they are not able to cope financially. You can help yourself by writing down how you spend your money. You should do this at least once a month. The purpose of writing down a budget is to help you to get ahead financially. How can you make the most of your money if you don’t even know how you are spending it? You cannot manage / control what you don’t know. Yes you might be disappointed as you find out that:
- You spend more than you earn
- You are already spending money that you will only earn in 2015!
- You are dressing yourself to financial ruin
- You are driving yourself to financial ruin
- You are eating yourself to financial ruin
- You like things – too much bling
- You cannot afford to retire
- You will have to depend on your children in old age
- You will not be able to send your kids to university
- You need a life saver – you are drowning in debt
- Your kids will have a big jorl after your death – you have too many life policies!
But remember, it is up to you to change the way you spend your money so that your budget says what you like it to say e.g.
- You will be able to send your kids to varsity
- You will retire in style and comfort, etc…
Please do exercises from pages 81 to 96 of the book From Debt to Riches so you too will know what your budget says about you. The first step to taking charge of your money is to write down how you spend what you earn. We would love to hear from you. Please tell us what your budget says about you & what you would like it to say about you.
Get yourself a copy of Real Magazine for April and see the review of the book, From Debt to Riches
Plea from Phumelele
There are people who are targeting my book and stealing many copies of it from the bookshops. The stores are now reluctant to order copies of the book because of this. As an author, I fall under the category, “ too much work and too little pay” so please don’t make things harder than they already are. If someone is selling you a copy for less than R100, he or she probably stole it – please don’t buy it from him or her. Thanks for your support and understanding. Phume